Tuesday, August 30, 2011

old "new"home ...







Finally after two month hard work, I have finished restyling our home, I wantedd to create something new inside the old house we lived before, one year ago but right now Momichan is biggerr and needs more things, so I realized that the first thing to do was to buy new furniture entirely white to create the illusion of more space (remeber I had sold quite everying when we moved to mum's house last year so I had to but new furniture in june when we moved again here). It is just a pity we do not have a room entirely for Momi but it will be the nex step in the future. The big work has been done, and believe me it has been a very very big work because I have hadd to do all by myself, Sampei could not help and I hadd to move the furniture with my car and hang it all alone, connect oven and fawcets, disassemble old furniture to take Ikea to have a voucher to buy new furniture, take home someway and assemble it. Momichan has stayed with granny just four afternoons, while I was working to reorganize home and thanks Gos everything has gone ok, she has eaten, amused and played and granny has been so helpful.

Now I just need to decorate a little, hanging new fotos and buying the doors for the furniture of the living room and the bathroom, decorating the corner inside the bedroom where Momi's bed is, (I was thinking at drawing a forest or something just to create the illusion of a romm inside the room and devide Momi's space from our), right now Momichan has her own spaces for clothes, toys, drawing, sleeping and everything she needs. WOW it has been a long long hard work, I still have back hache ! Anyway, this is the final result GEEE ^___^


This is our genkan, before and now, before there was a big light brown Magiker library cupboard, now I have put a big capacious Pax wardrobe, I choosed white colour because even if it is big, it gives the impression of more space. We needed space for feather jackets and overcoats, the items Momichan will need at kindergarden and a place for everybody to contain gloves, scarfs and berrets plus rucksacks and bags in general. Everything we need to go outside is now in the genkan and not more in our bedroom like before (from her birth till now Momi did not need much space, her dresses and few toys were inside my drawerchest)
Living room has the big white Besta library, also entirely white, with spaces for Momichan's toys and books, colouring albums and pelouches, tv set, our dvd, Sampei's recipes books and italian learning language books, my japanese learning language books and bento books and another tons of items. I changed the old yellow curtains with white ones with spotted coloured design. I do not love really white but now this colur gives our house the idea of light and is easy to change adding something green or red or whatever colour we want depending on our mood or season.

The kitchen is like before, I have changed just the towels and reorganized the spaces inside the furniture, added Momichan's foods and reserved for her an entire drawer for her dishes, tools and glasses. Soon I will give away her highchair and substitute with a green junior chair.


Bathroom has had many changes during two months and is still not really finished, I still have to decorate buying two doors for the hanging cupboards. Before we had just three shelves I had assembled when I was expecting Momichan (8th months) and now it was really time to reorganize.
I have added the changing table for Momi and a hanging cupboard for her towels and tissues, our big mirror cupboard with all our items, in this way we have more space and everything is kept clean and away from dust and is also easier to keep tidy. In september when Momichan will attend new kindergarden I will reserve the mornings to make cleanings so I will have all the time of the word ("we have all the time in the world" title from an Armstrong song we love so much) in the afternoon to relax, go supermarket and play with Momi ^___^

I have tried to modify also our bedroom even if I could not modify so much, the old wardrobe is always the same but now instead of containing overcoats, bike jackets and my clothes, is divided for three (thanks to the new wardrobe in the genkan) so that everyone of us has his own space for clothes: Momichan, my space and daddy's one (we have 6 doors, 100 cm x 260 cm) ! The two Malm drawerschests have been attached instead of being at the opposite sides of the room and Momichan's bed is now near the window instead of the door side, we also changed side of he bed, Sampei is now sleeping near the door and I have followed Momi near the window.

Stroller baby items instead of staying at the end of the bed, have been moved on the top of the wardrobe to create space to move so Momi can play also in this room, I have added two big baskets of pelouche she can take to play and for sleeping. Here also I have changed the curtains, reorganizing all house I found some textiles I used to make new curtains, red, white, green striped that matches perfectly with the red bed of Momi.


sayounara ^_^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...